Conditions of use
These Conditions of Use of the Website regulate the relationships between ASOCIACIÓN SOLTI – GRUPO ESPAÑOL DE ESTUDIO, TRATAMIENTO Y OTRAS ESTRATEGIAS EXPERIMENTALES EN TUMORES SÓLIDOS (hereinafter “GRUPO SOLTI”), the owner of the website http://scientificbites.com/ and its USERS.
By using any of our products or services, the USER fully and unreservedly accepts these Conditions of Use of the Website (hereinafter the “Conditions”) for each product or service.
2. Ownership of the website
In fulfilment of the provisions of article 10 of Law 34/2002, of 11 July, on Information Society and Electronic Commerce Services (LSSICE), we are providing you with the “general information”, which includes the data identifying the owner of this WEBSITE:
Trade Name: GRUPO SOLTI
Contact Address: registered offices at Carrer Balmes, 89, 3º7ª, 08008 Barcelona
Registered Office: Carrer Balmes, 89, 3º7ª, 08008 Barcelona
NIF (Tax identification Number): G81335515
Telephone number: 93 343 63 02
Domain name: http://scientificbites.com/
Registered in the Associations Registry of Associations under number 163.088
Natural person of legal age (hereinafter the “USER”) who fully accepts the Conditions. Acceptance is an indispensable requirement for registering as a USER. Minors will not be admitted as users.
The USER declares, under their sole responsibility, that they are of legal age, are capable of accepting these conditions and that all the information provided about their personal circumstances is true.
The USER declares and guarantees that they have sufficient powers to subscribe to these Conditions and by accepting them are bound by the terms of the Conditions.
You can register as a USER of the WEBSITE here: http://www.scientificbites.com/register/usuario/
These Conditions are intended to regulate access to and subsequent navigation of the WEBSITE by the USERS. These conditions also regulate the relationship between USERS and GRUPO SOLTI when the former use any product or service on the WEBSITE.
The USER knows and acknowledges that GRUPO SOLTI is solely responsible for organising the WEBSITE content.
Access to and use of the WEBSITE:
Visiting and consulting information on the WEBSITE is free for all USERS.
The use of any of the services or products offered at http://www.scientificbites.com/ entails absolute and unreserved acceptance of these Conditions, which may be modified without prior notice. All modifications will be published in this same medium for the knowledge of the USERS and will become effective as of the same date.
The USER agrees to use the content made available to the USERS on the WEBSITE, with such content being, without the following list being regarded as exhaustive, the texts, photographs, graphics, images, icons, technology, software, links and other audiovisual content, as well as its graphic design and source codes, in accordance with the law, these Conditions of Use of the WEBSITE and any other notices, the regulations governing use and instructions brought to their attention, and in accordance with generally accepted morality and good customs and public order.
5. Description of the service
Scientific BITES is an initiative of GRUPO SOLTI to facilitate access to the latest breakthroughs in clinical research in oncology in a simple and educational way. Our goal is to help maintain an informed and critical scientific community.
The description of the products and services offered by GRUPO SOLTI are those described at the time of their use on the WEBSITE http://www.scientificbites.com/.
6. General conditions of use
- GRUPO SOLTI reserves the right to modify the characteristics of the products or services presented at http://www.scientificbites.com/ at any time.
- GRUPO SOLTI is assumed to offer truthful and accurate information. This information may sometimes contain misprints or typos. Such cases, beyond our control at all times, will be corrected immediately.
- GRUPO SOLTI will not be responsible for operating errors or damage caused by users’ failure to fulfil their obligations, such as the proper maintenance of their computing equipment, devices and systems and power supply and/or control of access to the product or service.
- If the product or service so requires, GRUPO SOLTI will provide the USER with a confidential, personal and non-transferable access code. The system for assigning and distributing the access code may only be used by the USER.
- GRUPO SOLTI will guarantee the validity of the access codes for the entire duration of the service to the USER.
- The USER will make diligent use of access codes, will keep them confidential and will be solely responsible for observing this obligation. In the event of the loss or suspicion of loss of the confidentiality of the codes or any possible fraudulent use thereof, the USER must notify GRUPO SOLTI, which reserves the right to cancel or change the initial codes, taking the security and conditions of the service into account, and informing the USER sufficiently in advance to cause the least possible inconvenience.
7. Specific conditions of use
- The platform is structured in BITES (“bites” of Science), published periodically, with each one focused on an innovative theme in the field of oncology.
- Each BITE consists of different modules according to the scientific aspects to be covered.
- In each module, the user will find a duo of professionals who will develop the scientific content by means of two short video capsules, a detailed downloadable presentation for study and a short test.
- The user can access the different activities as often as they consider necessary until they have completed the module.
- The platform records the completed activities so that the user can resume them when they log in again.
- This platform is open and access is free for the group of professionals dedicated to research in oncology.
- At the end of each BITE, users who are graduates in Medicine, Pharmacy, Nursing, Biology/Biochemistry (Health Sciences) and have finished their residency will receive an accreditation for continuing education requested from the “Consell Català de la Formació Continuada de les Professions Sanitàries” [Catalan Council for Continuing Education of the Health Professions (CCFCPS)].
- All users who do not meet the requirements to access the continuing education accreditation will have a downloadable certificate of participation available.
- GRUPO SOLTI provides the following email to resolve any type of doubts related to the Scientific BITES initiative: firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Intellectual and industrial property
GRUPO SOLTI is the owner of the intellectual and industrial property rights or has obtained the corresponding authorisations or licenses for the exploitation thereof, to the domain name, the trademarks and distinctive signs, the information and the rest of the works and inventions related to the WEBSITE and the associated technology, as well as its content.
The content of this WEBSITE, including designs, applications, text, images and source code, is protected by intellectual and industrial property rights.
Under no circumstances may the content be used, reproduced, copied or transmitted in any way without the prior explicit and written and permission of GRUPO SOLTI.
The USER must refrain from contributing content obtained illegally or protected by intellectual property rights (copyright) without the express authorisation of the original authors or the owners of the aforementioned rights. In any event, the user, and not GRUPO SOLTI, will be liable for possible financial claims or claims of any kind that could be filed against GRUPO SOLTI for such events to enforce the aforementioned intellectual property rights.
If a USER or a third party considers that there are facts or circumstances that demonstrate the undue use of any content and/or activity on the web pages included or which may be accessible through the WEBSITE, and in particular of the infringement of intellectual or industrial property rights (patents, industrial models and drawings, trademarks and trade names, etc.), non-fulfilment of the duties and obligations provided for in these conditions or the violation of other rights, they must send an email to email@example.com informing GRUPO SOLTI, containing the following points:
(a) Personal data of the claimant: name, address, telephone number and email address;
(b) Specification of the alleged illegal activity carried out on the WEBSITE and, more particularly, in the case of alleged infringement of rights, a precise and specific indication of the protected content and its location on the web pages;
(c) The facts or circumstances that prove the illegal nature of any such activity;
(d) In the event of violation of rights, the personal data of the owner of the rights allegedly infringed;
(e) An express and clear statement made under the claimant’s responsibility, that the information provided in the notification is accurate and demonstrating the improper use of the content or nature of the activities described.
As appropriate, GRUPO SOLTI will immediately take the necessary measures for the correction or elimination of the aforementioned data or content.
All software use services are protected by copyright laws and international copyright treaties and by other intellectual property laws and treaties. All title and intellectual property rights to the content accessed through the use of the WEBSITE is owned by GRUPO SOLTI or by their respective owners and are also protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws.
9. User’s responsibility
- The USER undertakes to provide truthful and accurate information about the data provided through the registration forms and must keep it updated at all times.
- The USER is responsible for guaranteeing the proper condition of their computer system and to control access to the products and services in order to avoid manipulation by unauthorised or inexperienced persons, the prevention of viruses and defective programs installed on their devices, as well as any other reasonably applicable preventive measure.
- The USER agrees to make proper and lawful use of the products and services contracted and their content and elements. If applicable, on account of the products or services used, the USER must refrain from:
a) Changing or attempting to change the products or services offered at http://www.scientificbites.com/.
b) Deleting, concealing or manipulating the notes on intellectual or industrial property rights and other data identifying the rights of GRUPO SOLTI or of third parties, as well as of the technical protection devices or any security or information mechanisms that may be included in the products or services.
c) Attempting to access or use the products or services, their content, resources or restricted areas fraudulently, illegally or in an unauthorised fashion.
d) Introducing or spreading computer viruses or any other elements that may damage the products or services contracted of GRUPO SOLTI or third parties.
e) Reproducing, distributing, assigning, lending, renting, publicly communicating or transforming the products or services offered at http://www.scientificbites.com/.
f) Copying all or part of the products or services or using them partially or totally in any way.
g) Transferring the rights to the products or services to which entitlement is provided pursuant to these Conditions.
h) Disseminating the products or services, publishing them or making them available to other people.
i) Granting licenses, sub-licensing, selling, reselling, transferring, assigning, distributing, commercially exploiting them in any way or making the products or services available to third parties.
j) Changing or transforming the products or services or producing derivative works from them outside the scope of these Conditions.
k) Sharing the products or services contracted or allowing them to be used by anyone other than the USER.
The USER is solely responsible for observing the Conditions governing the use of the products and services.
- The USER must heed the information about the products and services provided and obtained from the WEBSITE http://www.scientificbites.com/, with the GRUPO SOLTI being released from any liability for consequences arising from the interpretation, decisions, calculations or any other made or taken by the USER based on such information.
10. The GRUPO SOLTI’s responsibility
- The GRUPO SOLTI products and services are the result of constant analysis and research performed by highly qualified technical and professional personnel within the current functional and technological limits. GRUPO SOLTI submits all its products to rigorous quality controls before they are made available to users, all according to the current state of the art in science and technology.
- However, although a quality system is applied to our products and services, it is possible that, due to random circumstances beyond GRUPO SOLTI’s control, there may be alterations or deficiencies in the use of the product or service. In this sense, GRUPO SOLTI will not be held responsible in the following circumstances which are beyond its control:
a) When the user’s devices, systems, connection applications or browser are technically or otherwise deficient.
b) When there are incompatibilities or deficiencies between the user’s equipment and devices and the programs or systems of the products and services provided by GRUPO SOLTI.
c) When there are interruptions, computer virus attacks, disconnections or breakdowns due to internet service provider deficiencies or to illegal third-party interference or actions.
d) When there is a disconnection or an interruption of the product or service due to compliance with administrative or court decisions.
e) When circumstances or fortuitous cases arise or in situations of force majeure beyond GRUPO SOLTI’s control.
- In any case, GRUPO SOLTI will not be liable for losses sustained by the USER not attributable to any non-fulfilment by GRUPO SOLTI, including indirect losses such as lost profits, income or any other type of business damages. Neither will GRUPO SOLTI be responsible when the reasons claimed by the USER were not reasonably foreseeable at the beginning of the relationship.
- GRUPO SOLTI will do its utmost to guarantee the availability of content, products and services, as well as the absence of errors in any information transmitted. However, due to the very nature and the accessibility of certain products and services through the Internet, this cannot be guaranteed.
- Moreover, access to certain GRUPO SOLTI products and services may occasionally be suspended or be limited due to the need to carry out repair and maintenance work, add or update content or other products and services or new functionalities thereof. GRUPO SOLTI will seek to limit the frequency and duration of such work, in order, to the extent possible, to cause the least jeopardy to the USER, striving to keep the latter informed of such work at all times, albeit without giving rise to any type of responsibility whatsoever for GRUPO SOLTI.
- If the use of a product or service (or parts thereof) were the cause of a lawsuit or legal action for alleged infringement of third-party rights and such use could constitute such an infringement, GRUPO SOLTI may make any modifications or changes necessary to enable the USER to continue to use the product or service (or parts thereof) or replace it with another or others with equivalent content and/or functionality and effectiveness that do not infringe the rights of such third parties.
11. Limitations of liability
GRUPO SOLTI does not guarantee the availability and continuity of the operation of the WEBSITE services. When reasonably possible, it will provide advance notice of interruptions in their operation. GRUPO SOLTI does not guarantee the usefulness of the WEBSITE services for carrying out any specific activity or their infallibility, and more particularly, albeit not exclusively, does not guarantee that users can effectively use such services, access the different web pages that make up the WEBSITE or those from which the services are provided.
If you feel jeopardised by the dissemination of videos or images on our WEBSITE, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will study your claim and the possibility of removing such material from our WEBSITE.
GRUPO SOLTI does not guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy, completeness of the content on its WEBSITE that may be generated by its employees or by the USERS of the WEBSITE when publishing their opinions or that such content is up to date.
Regarding external links:
The WEBSITE may contain links to websites that are not owned, controlled, published or monitored by GRUPO SOLTI, whereby we do not assume any responsibility whatsoever for the content and privacy policies or practices of such external websites. The existence of such links on the WEBSITE does not imply that GRUPO SOLTI approves the products, services, content, information, data, files and any other type of material on such websites, and it does not monitor or accept responsibility for the quality, legality, reliability and usefulness of the information and/or content and services on the sites.
GRUPO SOLTI retains the right to change, modify or add clauses without notice, provided that they are duly conveyed online in this document.
12. Data protection
13. Notifications and communications
Any notifications or communications to be made by GRUPO SOLTI to the USER regarding the execution or fulfilment of these Conditions must be submitted to the address provided by the USER for this purpose. GRUPO SOLTI can communicate with the USER by email at the address provided by the USER.
In any case, the USER may contact GRUPO SOLTI through the User Support Service. The USER can contact our User Support Service, by telephone (93 343 63 02) and/or by email at the following address: email@example.com
If any of the clauses of these Conditions of Use of the WEBSITE were declared totally or partially null and void, the remaining clauses will continue to be effective until or unless they are cancelled.
15. Applicable legislation and competent jurisdiction
The relationships between GRUPO SOLTI and the USERS derived from the use of the WEBSITE http://www.scientificbites.com/are subject to Spanish legislation. All disagreements, controversies, divergences or litigious issues arising from these Conditions will be resolved by the Courts and Tribunals of Barcelona, with the parties expressly waiving their right to any other or their own jurisdiction if it were different.
16. Acceptance of conditions
Acceptance of these Conditions of Use of the WEBSITE by the USER is an essential and mandatory prerequisite for entitlement to use and enjoy the products and/or services at http://www.scientificbites.com/ . The USER declares, under their own responsibility, that they have read these Conditions of Use of the WEBSITE, the services and products offered in their entirety and that they accept them.